Lean Bean is a diet pill for women. There is no shortage of those these days and, as is normally the case with such products, the label on the bottle has a lot of pink.
The pills are manufactured in the USA, but the company distributing them is based in the UK. It’s called Ultimate Health and Lean Bean appears to be the flagship product.
According to the marketing spiel, Lean Bean can target fat in stubborn areas and help get rid of cellulite.
Other key benefits include:
- Tone your arms and legs
- Get a firmer, flatter tummy
- Increase your confidence and self esteem
- Vegetarian friendly diet pill
How the Formulation is Intended to Work
Lean Bean is primarily intended to work as a fat burner, so it contains some ingredients that can speed up the metabolism. A faster metabolism burns more calories per day.
When people are eating a calorie restricted diet, a speedier metabolism can help create a situation where all the available calories (from food) have been burned. The body will then be forced to start burning fat to get the energy it needs.
Calorie restricted diets are hard, so Lean Bean also contains some hunger suppressing ingredients that may make it easier for dieters to persevere and keep up the hard work. Ultimate Health also claim the formulation can promote healthy oestrogen levels.
There is some evidence to suggest a low oestrogen level can lead to weight gain but, even if this is true, most women will not need to worry about this until they reach menopause.
Key Ingredients and Blend Potential
Four capsules provide:
- Vitamin B6 (3.72mg): B vitamins are known to support an efficient metabolism. Vitamin B6 is also necessary for a good memory and for maintaining a healthy nervous system.
- Vitamin B12 (6.4ug): This B Vitamin serves many functions in the body and is particularly important for the red blood cells and DNA.
- Chromium (120ug): A very common diet pill inclusion that can help prevent the blood sugar spikes that can trigger the desire to eat.
- Green coffee (600mg): The chlorogenic acid provided by green coffee assists weight loss by slowing the absorption of dietary fat and boosting the metabolism. It also suppresses the appetite, so green coffee bean is a good ingredient to have.
- Acai berry (800mg): A fruit extract that is rich in nutrients and antioxidants. Acai has value as a diet pill ingredient because it suppresses hunger and boosts the metabolism.
- Green tea extract (200mg): An ingredient that packs a lot of punch, green tea is a proven fat burner and is also packed full of antioxidants that can help provide good health.
- Turmeric powder (200mg): An Asian spice that contains a powerful antioxidant called curcumin, which can be beneficial for relieving inflammation. Ultimate Health state it can counteract the effects of oestrogen imbalance. However, this claim can only be reported by one study and cannot be seen to be conclusive.
- Glucomannan (500mg): A plant extract that is taken with water and expands in the stomach to create a feeling of fullness. It’s ability as an appetite suppressant is endorsed by the European Food Safety Authority, but the amount provided here is one sixth of the recommended daily dose.
- Garcinia cambogia (400mg): Garcinia works by suppressing the appetite and preventing body fat storage. It also appears to enhance fat burning abilities, but garcinia is only effective if it provides 60% HCA and it is unclear if this extract does so.
- Cayenne pepper (60mg): A chilli extract that has proven hunger curbing capabilities and is also recognised as an effective fat burner.
- Black pepper (20mg): The piperine alkaloid locked in black pepper’s fiery core has the ability to boost the absorption of other ingredients.
- Raspberry ketones (8mg): A phenolic compound that is naturally occurring in raspberries. It’s good as an appetite suppressant and even better as a fat burner.
At the time of this review, the Lean Bean website was the only source of customer feedback and Ultimate Health were offering customers “rewards” in exchange for their dieting success stories. Hand-picked testimonials of this type cannot be relied upon for accuracy.
Side Effects & Health Considerations
Ultimate Health say there are no side effects and point out Lean Bean is only intended for adults. Potential users who have existing medical conditions or are using medicines are advised to seek a doctor’s advice before commencing supplementation. Women who are pregnant or nursing a child would do well to seek medical approval as well.
Where to Buy Lean Bean
You can only buy Lean Bean from the official website and the cost per bottle is £35. There are no bulk buy discounts, but customers who order three bottles receive a fourth one for free. They also get a free e-book workout guide.
There is a money back guarantee, but it is only offered to first-time buyers who purchase three bottles of pills.
In order to secure a refund they will need to supply information that shows they have taken the pills on a daily basis for 90 day, used them alongside diet and exercise, and still failed to lose weight.
Customers have four months to apply for a refund and, if they are successful, the refund will be less shipping costs and a £35 processing fee.
Although Lean Bean contains a lot of good ingredients, in some cases there are doubts about the quality.
We have no way of knowing if the garcinia extract will contain enough HCA, but we do know the glucomannan inclusion rate is far too low. Bearing in mind the fact that the rest of the formulation looks pretty good, it is still possible Lean Bean may deliver the goods.
However, there are no reliable sources of customer reviews to show that it does, and customers who want the protection of a guarantee will have to invest more money, some of which will not be returned.