XLS Xanthigen is a weight loss product produced by Omega Pharma.
The company is a market leader in over-the-counter medicines and health and wellness products and is the name behind many respected products, including Solpadeine, Relec mosquito repellent, and Predicta.
The Xanthigen formulation contains a proprietary blend of punica granatum extract (taken from Pomegranate seeds) and brown seaweed extract. According to the marketing material, the “synergy” between the two ingredients provides the following benefits:
- Suppresses adipocyte differentiation
- Suppresses lipid accumulation
- Increases energy expenditure
- Helps prevent weight gain
- May reduce body fat and liver fat
- Maintains cognitive function
- Improves cardiovascular & metabolic health
- Helps maintain a healthy liver
- Supports insulin signaling
- Maintains blood glucose homeostasis
What is Xanthigen and How Does it Work?
Looking at the claims made for the product, Xanthigen appears to be a super, health-enhancing diet pill, but the official product website does not provide much information about how any of the key benefits are likely to be achieved and third-party sites that are marketing the product are equally lacking in information.
The inclusion rates are not known, but the only two active ingredients in Xanthigen are:
- Punica Granatum Extract: An ingredient derived from pomegranate seed oil. It’s rich in antioxidants, many claims are made for its therapeutic abilities, and it appears to have potential as an appetite supressant, but further study is required all around.
- Undaria Pinnatifida: Also known as wakame, Undaria pinnatifida is a species of edible seaweed that is often added to soups and salads. A scientific evaluation of the ingredient’s abilities suggests it has potential value in many areas, including the treatment of obesity, regulating physiological disorders, preventing tumors, and boosting the immune system.
The abilities of Xanthigen have been put to the test by researchers at the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, in Moscow, and it appears to have value as a weight loss aid. After a 16-week, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study, the researchers concluded: “Xanthigen promoted weight loss, reduced liver and body fat content, and improved liver function tests in obese non-diabetic women. Xanthigen and Fucoxanthin also increased resting energy expenditure. This product may be considered a promising food supplement for the management of obesity.”
XLS Xanthigen Customer Feedback
Customer feedback is mixed. Some people say Xanthigen works, others say it failed them.
A few typical Xanthigen customer reviews read:
XLS Xanthigen Side Effects & Health Issues
No side effects have been reported, but Xanthigen will not be suitable for women who are pregnant or nursing a child. People who have existing health issues should get a doctor’s approval before using any brand of weight loss supplement. The same is true for people who are using medication.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Xanthigen is available via many online stores, including PromoFarma and FarmaConfianza. There are 90 capsules per box and the price is generally around 35 € to 45 €, depending on the supplier.
There is no money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
Presuming the two main ingredients are included in sufficient quantities, Xanthigen may have the potential to accelerate the weight loss process and it’s one of the few products on the market that has actually been scientifically tested and appraised. However, despite the fact that research suggests the formulation works, many customers claim it failed to help them to lose weight.
This is bad news for a product that is sold without a money back guarantee. Xanthigen is not a particularly expensive diet pill, but customers who don’t lose weight can wave their money goodbye.
Some of the best diet pill options do have a money back guarantee and 60 days appears to be the norm these days. Such products also have a better level of positive customer feedback, so that is where the smart money is more likely to go.