Active Woman Define is a weight loss supplement manufactured in England by Bio-Synergy and aimed at busy women who want to shed a few pounds to get toned for the beach, fit into a gorgeous dress, or just look and feel that bit better.
However, despite the claims of a “unique blend”, all four of the ingredients used in Active Woman Define are diet pill regulars and there is nothing special about them that would make the blend particularly suitable for women.
Potential benefits include:
- Boosted metabolism
- No more sugar cravings
- Controls calorie intake
- Perfect for women who want to get toned and fit
What is Active Woman Define and How Does it Work?
Active Woman Define appears to offer a mix of appetite suppression and increased metabolism. When the appetite is controlled it makes it easier to eat less food without being plagued by feelings of hunger. When the metabolism is increased the body begins to burn calories faster than normal, and a combination of less calories consumed and more calories burned can quickly lead to a situation where the body becomes so low on calories it is forced to begin burning its fat to obtain extra energy.
Two capsules provide:
- Green tea (500mg): Green tea is one of the most commonly used diet pill ingredients in the world. It’s ability to speed up the metabolism and encourage fat burning has been proven by numerous studies, one of which was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. The study subjects received 150 mg of green tea each day and it was sufficient to speed up their energy expenditure. Active Woman Define provides more than three times this amount.
- Konjac (500mg): A natural fibre taken from the roots of an Asian plant. The fibres are unusual in that they have the ability to soak up large quantities of liquid very quickly. The presence of the liquid in the fibres causes them to expand and when this happens within the stomach it causes a feeling of fullness that suppresses the desire for food. Many studies support konjac’s ability to to encourage weight loss. The European Food Safety Authority has examined much of the data relating to these studies and affirm the ingredients value for appetite suppression and weight loss. However, the EFSA state 3 doses of 1g konjac are required each day. Women using Active Woman Define will receive considerably less. The EFSA also state konjac should always be taken with 1-2 glasses of water. Bio-Synergy fails to make any recommendation about water.
- Chromium (200mg): Chromium is often used to control the blood sugar levels of diabetics. It is usually added to diet pills because the manufacturers believe its presence will diminish the desire to snack on sugary foods.
- Caffeine (100mg): As an energy provider, caffeine can help prevent diet-related fatigue and ensure extra energy for exercise. As an appetite suppressant caffeine is not particularly powerful, but the benefits are still there. Scientific research also shows caffeine has the ability to speed up the metabolism and encourage fat burning.
Customer feedback is mixed.
A few reviews read:
Where to Buy Active Woman Define
You can buy Active Woman Define from the manufacturer’s website and 60 capsules cost £19.99. It is also possible to purchase Active Woman Define from a number of online retailers including Littlewoods.com and Dolphin Fitness, but the price is is usually the same. Customers who purchase via the Amazon marketplace can make a slight saving, because the Amazon price is £18.61.
Bio-Synergy do not offer a money back guarantee.
Active Woman Define Side Effects & Health Issues
Bio-Synergy state Active Woman Define is unsuitable for women who are pregnant, but offer no further health warnings. We think the formulation is also unlikely to be a good option for women who are nursing a child. We also suggest people who have existing health issues visit a physician and ask advice before taking Active Woman Define. The same advice is offered to anyone who is taking medication or planning to combine the use of two or more supplements.
Other Diet Pills To Consider
We have a list of diet products and slimming pills designed to give you the maximum chance of success – click here to view