Sheer Thermo is a thermogenic fat burning supplement produced by Sheer Strength Labs and it appears to be designed with bodybuilders in mind. So if you are just a normal guy or gal that wants to loose a little weight Sheer Thermo is unlikely to be your best option.
Sheer Strength Labs produces a number of other sports supplements and the company website has a sleek, professional look. It is also one of the few companies that offer a 15% discount to American military personnel, but orders have to be shipped to a APO/FPO/DPO address to qualify.
What is Sheer Thermo and How Does it Work?
According to the marketing material, Sheer Thermo is a “maximum potency” product that utilizes nature’s strongest ingredients for targeting fat cells.
Promised benefits include:
- Accelerated fat burning
- Boosted cognitive ability
- More focus
- Muscle definition
- Increased adrenalin
- Faster metabolism
If the formulation can achieve all of this it should be able to help users to get more from their training sessions (more focus, increased adrenalin). A faster metabolism should ensure calories are burned at an increased rate and, if the fat burning promises hold true, muscle definition will be improved because the muscles will not be buried under as much fat.
Two capsules provide:
- Forskolin (500mg): A chemical extracted from the roots of the coleus forskohlii plant. Forskilin is often added to weight loss supplements because it is believed to be capable of activating fat burning enzymes. The ingredient is also reputed to be a testosterone booster, so it’s presence here may also help power improved training sessions.
- Green Tea Catechins (300mg): Catechins are a type of antioxidant that are naturally occurring in green tea. Scientific research shows the weight loss enhancing abilities of green tea catechins are due to their ability to increase energy expenditure and encourage fat oxidation.
- Bacopa Monnieri (200mg): A nootropic herb that is can boost memory function and help alleviate feelings of anxiety.
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan (150mg): A naturally-occurring amino acid the body utilizes when manufacturing the feel-good hormone serotonin. Supplementation with 5-HTP may be effective for enhancing the mood , but not all research supports this theory. However, scientific study suggest it may provide some degree of appetite suppression.
- Hordenine (25mg): A citrus fruit extract that is believed to offer a stimulatory effect that may encourage an enhanced fat burning ability.
- Yohimbine (10mg): Some study results suggest supplementation with yohimbine causes an increased presence of fatty acids in the blood. This indicates an ability to initiate increased lipolysis.
At the time of this review the product had amassed over 1400 customer responses via the Amazon feedback system and, although some customers were not impressed by the product, the number of good reviews far outweighed the bad.
Two reviews left by dissatisfied customers read:
Two positive reviews read:
Side Effects, Health Issues & Supplementary Information
Sheer Strength Labs suggest pregnant and nursing mothers consult a physician prior to commencing supplementation. This advice is extended to people who are under 18-years of age and to anyone who has existing health problems or is taking medication. However, people who are considering using the product need to be aware a number of past customers say they experienced side effects.
Reported side effects include:
- Stomach pain
- Weight gain
Sheer Strength Labs back all of their products with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
A bottle of Sheer Thermo contains 60 capsules and people who wish to purchase the product have two choices. They can buy directly from the manufacturer’s website and pay $29.97 or via Amazon for $24.97 – prices are not quoted in GBP £ or €.
The Bottom Line
Sheer Thermo contains a blend of ingredients that should be able to initiate the kind of response the manufacturers claim, but customer feedback suggest that, although it may work for the majority of users, it is not good for all. People who are considering buying Sheer Thermo also need to bear in mind it is first and foremost a sports supplement. it is not designed to be used for general weight loss. Bodybuilders and other athletically inclined individuals will probably attain the best benefits but, bearing in mind the fact that it does not appear to work for all, some customers may end up rejoicing in the fact that it is backed by a money back guarantee.
It doesn’t matter how you dress it up on the packaging a fat burner is a fat burner regardless if it’s meant for a bodybuilder or otherwise. We recommend PhenQ – it is a high strength fat burner with the added advantage of being a fat blocker and appetite suppressant as well.
PhenQ has a 60 money back guarantee and also ships without a delivery charge anywhere in the world