Dexaprine XR is diet supplement produced in America by iForce Nutriton. It was introduced to replace a previous product (Dexaprine) that contained a dangerous ingredient called DMAA that has been linked to heart attacks and strokes and is considerd a health risk by the FDA.
Dexaprine XR does not contain DMAA but, in 2014, researchers in the Netherlands examined the capsules and discovered a “cocktail of synthetic stimulants” that included a synthetic amphetamine-like ingredient and deterenol. The ingredient can cause dangerous side effects including chest pains, increased heart rate, and persistent vomiting. The Dutch authorities acted quickly and Dexaprine XR is banned in the Netherlands. It is also illegal in the UK, but the product is still available in America and can be purchased via some online stores.
- Fat Burning
- 7-8 hours of energy from 1 pill
- Suppressed Appetite
- Improved Mood
- Enhanced Mental Focus
Dexaprine XR Key Ingredients
Each capsule provides 645mg of a proprietary blend that consists of three more proprietary formulations.
Dexaprine Tri-Phase Ignition System (645mg)
Thermophoric Amine Mood Enhancement Complex:
- Acacia Rigidula Extract (98%): A plant extract that contains more than 40 active compounds, some of which are believed to be capable of boosting the metabolism and improving lipolysis. However, acacia rigidula has never been adequately researched, so all of the claims made are based on speculation rather than scientific evidence and there are many concerns over the ingredient’s use.
- Citrus Aurantium (30% active amines): Scientific evidence supports the claims made for citrus aurantium’s ability to speed up the metabolism and encourage fat burning. However, large doses have been linked to side effects, so the fact that iForce Nutrition does not provide an inclusion rate is a cause for concern.
Extended Release Energy Complex:
- Caffeine Anhydrous: There is a wealth of research available that supports the claims made for caffeine’s abilities as an energy provider and alertness booster. Some studies [1, 2] also support its value as a weight loss provider, but high doses may cause jitters and other unpleasant side effects and an overly low dose will offer limited benefit so, once again, the lack of an inclusion rate becomes an issue.
- Green Tea Extract (Standardized for Theophylline): Green tea rich in a type of antioxidants called catechins. Scientific research suggests green tea catechins have the ability to increase thermogenesis. Green tea also provides caffeine, which may increase energy expenditure by speeding up the metabolism.
Alpha-2 Adrenergic Activation Complex:
- Rauwolfia Serpentina (Standardized for Rauwolscine): A plant extract that provides an alkaloid that is sometimes added to medicines desigen to treat high blood pressure. It is hard to say what purpose its presence is intended to fulfil here, but rauwolfia alkaloids may increase the likelihood of breast cancer and cause a number of unpleasant side effects including impotence and depression.
- Isopropyloctopamine: a chemically modified form of octopamine that is sometimes added to smart drugs and can (allegedly) provide fat burning.
Dexaprine XR Customer Feedback
Some reviews suggest the product delivers the kind of results customers want, but other reviewers bemoan the terrible side effects.
A few sample customer comments read:
Will Dexaprine XR Cause Side Effects
Many of the ingredients used in the formulation have been linked to side effects, including heart palpitation, nausea, agitation, and (one) cardiac arrest. The product has been banned in the UK and the Netherlands for that reason, and the fact that so many suppliers have dropped the product provides further indication that it is probably best avoided.
Dexaprine XR is not backed by a money back guarantee (at time of review)
Where To Buy Dexaprine XR
Dexaprine XR is no longer available via the iForce Nutrition website and Bodybuilding.com have also dropped the product. It is still possible to purchase Dexaprine XR via certain other online sources though, including the Strong Supplement Shop and Best Price Nutrition. Expect to pay $26 to $29 for a (60 capsule) bottle. Customers who are based in the UK or the Netherlands are advised to think twice before placing an order because, apart from the possible health risks the product presents, the fact that it is banned means it is possible the shipment may be confiscated and destroyed by customs officers.
What Do We Recommend
If you are researching which fat burner to use then we would suggest PhenQ – PhenQ is very fast working fat burner that has the added benefit of also blocking unwanted dietary fat and suppressing your appetite.
PhenQ is suitable for men and women and has a long 60 day refund policy. It also has no delivery charge anywhere in the world.