Let’s face it, unless we change our ways and start thinking healthy no amount of medicines can provide cure and no amount of diet pills can make us thin and slim. Early men survived on the best that nature provided which accounted for their innate strength and good health.
If we want to go back to basic then just opting for products that have natural ingredients won’t do, we need to go back to natural and healthy diet altogether. Having a nutria-rich diet is the key to good health.
This is the theory behind Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s G-Bombs Superfoods concept that has taken the world by storm. Dr. Fuhrman believes that it is possible to reverse illness and get better without surgeries or medication.
To do this one needs to know what the superfoods are – foods that will naturally equip the body with strong immunity to fight all diseases. Intake of these nutritious foods will give the body natural power to resist illnesses, repair damages and flush out toxins regularly. According to him the aim is to have a healthy population that will need little medical care or dependency.
What are the G-Bombs Superfoods?
‘G-BOMBS’ is an acronym for Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries and Seeds. Together they create the most powerful food palate for all those who want a fit and healthy lifestyle. These are foods that are rich in micronutrients and phytochemicals which help the body fight everything from obesity to cancer. While they are low in calories they are high in all goods things like minerals and vitamins as well as antioxidants. These delicious foods lead to weight loss, longevity and the power to fight abnormal tissue growth like tumor and cancer.
Let’s take a closer look at the G-Bombs Superfoods?
- Greens: The goodness of leafy greens is not a new concept. These nutrient rich foods provide all the essential nutrients we need to survive. They help us fight conditions like cancer and diabetes, promote better vision, better blood circulation and strong immune functions. They are extremely low in calories which mean one can eat without worrying about weight gain. Among all the cruciferous greens are the most powerful and nutritious.
- Beans: Beans take time to digest. They are high in fiber as well as resistant starch, carbohydrates. This means that the digestive enzymes cannot easily break them down and lead to fat absorption. Because they fill you up for a longer time there are fewer cravings and stabilizing of blood sugar levels as well as less calorie intake. This makes them great for those who want to lose weight. They also control cholesterol levels and provide the body with the innate immunity to fight debilitating conditions like cancer.
- Onions: Next time you cry while chopping onions keep in mind that the organosulfur compounds which brings tears also drives away cancer and tumor. They are loaded with anti-inflammatory flavonoid antioxidants which not just prevent cancer but also keeps diabetes and heart ailments at bay. They have a low glycemic index and are very low in calories, and have the ability to prevent easy fat storage so they can be added in regular meals without worrying about weight gain.
- Mushrooms: The goodness of mushrooms comes from the presence of aromatase inhibitors and angiogenesis inhibitors. The former is largely responsible for blocking estrogen production and thereby prevent breast cancer. The latter prevents new blood vessel growth which means that there is lesser risk of tumor or fat tissue growth. Regular intake of mushrooms therefore leads to good health as well as definite weight loss.
- Berries: Berries are not just delicious but great for promoting good health. They are full of antioxidants which control blood cholesterol and blood glucose levels as well as regulates blood pressure. While the protective polyphenols controls insulin levels, the angiogenesis inhibitors prevent cancer growth and body fat storage. Regular intake of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries stimulates the body’s own antioxidant enzymes, prevents inflammation and strengthens immune functions. They are great for the heart and the brain
- Seeds: The first thing that seeds (as well as nuts) do is to enable better absorption of nutrients from other foods. They provide the body with the good fats and omega-3 fatty acids which promote better heart and brain functions. They are loaded with antioxidants, minerals and micronutrients like plant sterols. Once ingested, they act as sponges for all the fats and prevent them from being absorbed and stored by the body leading to inevitable weight loss. They lead to stronger immune functions and help on combating cancers, especially breast cancer.
The G-bombs are readily available everywhere. All we need to do is ensure that they are a part of our daily diet and good health and fitness will be our constant companions.