Fire Bombs is a diet pill manufactured in the UK by PNI Supplements. The company has been trading since 2011, produces several other weight management supplements, and claims their mission is “supporting the weak and creating the strong“.
Fire Bombs contains the stimulant AMP Citrate and this could make the product an unsuitable option for many users, including competing athletes and military personnel, because it may be addictive and can often show up as an illicit drug should the need for a blood or urine test arise. However, most people may find it hard to find a supply of Fire Bombs because it appears PNI may have discontinued the product.
It is no longer listed on the official website, has vanished from Amazon, and is no longer stocked by any of third-party online retailers that used to market it. However, this is probably not that surprising because the formulation could contain an ingredient that has restriction imposed upon it.
Advertised Fire Bombs Benefits
- Mood enhancement
- Improved performance
- Increased mental energy
- Decreased appetite
- Controlled insulin levels
- Enhanced lipolysis
PNI Fire Bombs Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
Each Fire Bombs capsule provides:
- 2-amino-4-methylpentane citrate (AMP Citrate) (200 mg): Also called DMBA, AMP Citrate is closely related to the banned stimulant DMAA. It is generally added to diet supplements in the belief that its presence will kick-start the fat burning process. It seems likely that this may be the case, but AMP Citrate is a potentially dangerous stimulant that has never been sufficiently researched so side effects cannot be ruled out and, with so many safer options available, the ingredient is a poor choice to say the least.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (250 mg): Many scientific studies are supportive of caffeine’s ability to boost energy levels and increase alertness/concentration. People who are serious about losing weight, and are following a low calorie diet, can sometimes experience feelings of lethargy, so an energy boost is likely to be much appreciated. There is also some evidence to suggest caffeine may have the ability to suppress the appetite and encourage the burning of body fat so, as a diet pill ingredient, caffeine is quite a good all-rounder.
- L-Theanine (100 mg): An amino acid that occurs naturally in green tea. L-Theanine allegedly has the ability to lower cholesterol levels, fight, stress and insomnia, and help combat feelings of depression. At least one animal-based study suggests supplementation with a combination of L-Theanine and caffeine may have the ability to prevent weight gain, but further testing is much to be desired.
- Picamilon (50 mg): A drug that consists of a synthetic combination niacin and GABA. It was developed in the Soviet Union, to this day the Russian authorities class it as a prescripion-only drug, and it is often used as a treatment for neurological problems. The FDA states Picamilon should not be used as dietary ingredient and, in December 2015, the FDA sent warning letters to to five companies that were using the drug as a supplement ingredient and gave them 15 days to “bring their products into compliance with the law”.
We were unable to find any customer feedback.
PNI FireBombs Side Effects
Several of the ingredients present a cause for concern. AMP Citrate has never been sufficiently researched. This is especially worrying because, on a chemical level, it is very similar to the ingredient DMAA, which may increase blood pressure and causes heart palpitations. The inclusion of Picamilon is also an issue because it is being used illegally and has been linked to light-headedness, nausea and skin rashes. Due to the possible negative issues these ingredients may present, we suggest all potential users discuss the matter with a doctor prior to commencing supplementation.
PNI Fire Bombs – Where To Buy, Stockists
At the time of this review we were only able to find one online store (Factory Supplements) still marketing Fire Bombs. The price was €74.17 per bottle and the pills were packaged with another product.
As far as far burners are concerned we have dedicated a page to detailing what we consider to be the best products in that category.
We pay close attention to efficacy, safety and value for money